Senior Market Strategist
Follow Peter on Twitter @PMoosesRJO. Peter's interest in trading began during a college internship with Bunge North America on the floor of the Chicago Board of Trade, where he assisted commodities traders and performed market research and analysis. Upon earning a B.A. in economics from the University of Iowa, Peter served as an analyst, transaction manager and team lead in the Global Trust Divisions for LaSalle Bank and Bank of America, where he managed transaction activity in multi-million dollar client fixed income and asset-backed securities portfolios. After years in the banking industry, it became apparent that Peter's real passion lies in futures trading. He joined RJO Futures because he enjoys the analytical aspects of futures trading and appreciates the economic impact that commodities have across all markets. Peter believes in utilizing market analysis and trends to help clients achieve balance between risk and return, while always keeping their investment objectives top of mind.
Agriculture and metals.
Peter strives to apply a combination of fundamental and technical analysis to each trade.
Strengths and Trading Philosophy
Achieving a balance between risk and return based on each client's unique investment objectives.
Peter Mooses in the Media
- Wall Street Journal - From Cocoa to Coffee and Sugar, Soft Commodities Stage Simultaneous Rally
- Bloomberg - It's Deja Vu for Cocoa Traders as Tensions Erupt in Ivory Coast
- Business Recorder - Raw Sugar Futures Ease, Coffee Slips
- Barchart.com - Are Cocoa Futures Headed Back to $2600?
- Futures Magazine - Cocoa Futures Overbought but Plenty of Room to Move Higher
- Futures Magazine - Europe Cocoa Demands Relatively Weak, Traders Turn To Asian Demand As Key Driver
- Futures Magazine - Looking For More Upside in Cocoa Futures
- Futures Magazine - Global Equities Causing Volatility in Cocoa
- Futures Magazine - Tropical Storm Dorian Headed For Coast Could Affect Cotton in Florida
- Reuters - Arabica Coffee Futures Fall as Brazil's Currency Hits 2019 Low
- Reuters - Ivory Coast Cocoa Bean Quality Hit By Dry Weather, Financing Woes