Senior Market Strategist
Josh began his career in May of 2013 after graduating from Purdue University, West Lafayette. He received a degree in Agricultural Economics, with a Certificate in Entrepreneurship. He started at Paragon Investments in Kansas, the heart of wheat country. While working there he developed long term relationships with corn, soybean, and wheat producers, speaking with them on a weekly basis. His goal was to market their physical production more effectively through tracking basis, as well as hedge their exposure in the grain and cattle markets through a variety of futures and option strategies. He then moved to Florida to work for PFL Petroleum, a physical biofuels brokerage, and gained significant exposure to OTC and physical energy markets. Trading has been a passion from day one of his career. In his free time he stays active in downtown Chicago, attends sporting events, and holds an FAA Private Pilot’s License and flies Cirrus and Cessna aircraft regularly.
Grains, Energies, Softs, Metals, Stock Indexes, Treasuries.
Josh relies on a number of technical indicators as guides for taking a position in the market. The most important indicators in his opinion are the moving averages, RSI, MACD, Volume, and the Fibonacci retracement. Fundamental analysis comes into play to support the longer term technical indicators.
Strengths and Trading Philosophy
Identifying key levels of support and resistance. Identifying the longer term trend of each market, and trading around that core position in the short term through a variety of technical indicators. Josh believes that the fundamentals help paint the longer term picture of each market, but can have short term effects on price as well. The most important aspects of any good trader is protecting a profitable trade, and managing capital effectively.
Joshua Graves in the Media
- Market Screener - Corn Rises as Traders Take Positions Ahead of USDA Report
- Wall Street Journal - Rice Prices Spike to Highest Level Since 2011
- Investing.com - Energy and Precious Metals - Weekly Review & Calendar Ahead
- Yahoo Finance - Gold Cuts Weekly Loss as China Sparks Safe-Haven Buying
- Investing.com - Gold Springs Back into $1700, as Trumo Turns Boogeyman on China
- Wall Street Journal - Cotton Growers Were Recovering From Trade War. Then Coronavirus Hit.